Which Type 4 are you?
Type 4A, 4B and 4C all require moisture treatments and continuous maintenance, but each hair care plan is unique based on your type. Do you know yours?
What is Type 4A hair?
Type 4A hair is coily or tightly curled hair that can look coarse but is actually very soft and delicate. Type 4A hair type has lots of tight coils and forms an “S” pattern when stretched. It has a clear, well-defined curl pattern, and it tends to look darker than it really is because it has a high density, which means that it’s usually very thick.
How do you determine if you have type 4A hair?
- Easily breaks because it has very few cuticle layers, hence, no natural protection. More prone to dryness than other Type 4 hair types.
- Retains moisture well.
- Less shrinkage than other hair types.
- Wash and go styles are ideal for this hair type.
- Sulfate-free shampoos and rich, creamy butters are great for this hair type.
What is Type 4B hair?
Type 4B hair does not have a clearly defined curl pattern, and it’s soft and fluffy. Its tight coils form a “Z” shape, and it resembles a zigzag shape with sharp angles, which makes this hair type extremely prone to dryness. Because of the zig-zags, the hair’s natural oils may never make it to the ends on this wild ride down the hair shaft.
How do you determine if you have type 4B hair?
- It’s fluffy like cotton.
- Curls aren’t well defined, so you’ll have to work to bring out your curl pattern.
- Even more prone to breakage because of its sharp edges.
- Requires a lot of moisture and care.
- Can see shrinkage up to 70% of its length.
What is Type 4C hair?
Type 4C hair has the tightest, coily-est curl pattern, and because it too can look like cotton, it’s often mistaken for Type 4B. It’s densely packed and can range from soft to very coarse.
How do you determine if you have type 4C hair?
- More tightly coiled that other Type 4 hair textures.
- Even more susceptible to dryness because it’s so tightly coiled.
- Requires tons of moisture. Can see shrinkage up to 75% of its length.
- Protective styles are great for 4C – the less manipulation the better.
Copyright © 2019 SophiaSunflowerSalon, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
NEW PHONE NUMBER : (984) 401-0774 SALON . I can accept text on this number as well .
We now have 2 locations. If you are near Louisburg or want to book during the week. Click the link below. If you want to see me in Raleigh I'm still on Bullard. Make your appt the usual way. I'll be waiting to see you.